Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Weeks 2 - 3

Things are starting to settle down into a slow and steady routine.
I had a great birthday - dinner with J and 8 friends at Deus ex Machina. It was the perfect disabled venue: huge space, no stairs and a disabled loo. The food was pretty good and I had some delicious Chablis. It was so good to be out at night!
Clothes are a bit of an issue, as it was chilly, but I keep reminding myself of how exciting it will be once I can wear proper clothes and shoes again. I was exhausted by the time I got home (10pm!! So early!)
My wonderful parents invited us round for lunch, too, and my mother cooked me delicious food and her very alcoholic Tiramisu! Altogether a great birthday, despite my lack of mobility.

The ankle still hurts quite a bit at night. It throbs and tingles and consequently, I've been sleeping badly. I wake up every hour or so in pain. It's annoying, so yesterday, I went to my GP to get the wound checked and see if I could get a script for something stronger than basic Paracetomol.
The Dr checked it out, and says it's looking fine, although still not quite closed up at the side. In addition, the top of my boot where the bone was removed is still REALLY bruised and discoloured. It looks terrifying!
she also wrote me a script for Endone (oxycodine), and last night I had my first decent night's sleep in ages.

This weekend, we're going away to stay with friends at their beach house. I'm very much looking forward to spending some time away from our house, and hope to sit outside on their deck to get some vitamin D!




my birthday lunch

birthday cake
Chair lift at the Dr's surgery - very exciting indeed!

No comments: