Thursday, March 28, 2013

Walking again.

The x ray showed that the bone has healed well, and the tendon seems to be doing fine, so after 6 ridiculously annoying weeks, I'm allowed to walk again.
Except it's not that easy... My muscles in my left calf have atrophied, my foot is bruised and suffering a fair bit of nerve pain and it's all just a bit too terrifying.
The deal is that I need to walk in the boot for the next 2 - 3 days, starting off with both crutches to help, then losing one of them. After 2 or so days, I need to lose the boot and walk with a crutch, gradually moving to nothing.
I must say that it all seems like an impossible feat at the moment. My foot hurts! My body hurts!
And I thought I had a high tolerance for pain (I didn't find giving birth too bad, for example)

I walked for about 30 mins with the boot yesterday and it was exhausting, but I felt very proud of myself afterwards.

Here's a pic of the top of my foot, and my new favourite unction: bio-oil. It's amazing for fading scars... After only 2 days of using it my scar on the top has already faded significantly.
According to the blurb it's good for stretch marks, discolouration and ageing too. I may well start bathing in it!!

And a pic of me walking... Such a great feeling despite the discomfort.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it wrong that I want to scratch your foot? Did you give it a good claw?

ruth said...

Haha! I did give it a REALLY good scratch! It was so itchy and covered in dry skin.... Revolting but very satisfying to scratch.