Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 8. Cast off

Today was removal of cast day. Stitches were also removed. J took pics, but they're pretty gruesome, so don't scroll down if you're squeamish. The poor old foot is very swollen still, and feels like some alien creature attached to my leg without its supportive cast. It's very shaky and sore.
I hobbled to the Physio next to the Dr's room and got fitted with a boot. It's huge!
I have to wear it 24 hours a day, apart from when I shower. I also can't weight bear at all for another 5 weeks. I need to do basic foot up and down movements in the shower, but that's it 'til the end of March.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy oh boy, that's a bit nasty looking, must scroll on to see what happened. Love your sunglasses above.

ruth said...

Thanks - the glasses are old - cutler & gross from 2006 I think. It's a a miracle I haven't lost them or sat on them yet!